On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:19:22 -0600, Andrew Zbikowski <andyzib at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first thing to know is that you will either have to resize your
> partition (assuming that your windows install takes up the entire
> drive.) Fedora's installer might support this, but I don't think so...
> So if you don't have access to some partition resizer tool, just
> expect to hose windows completely. If you do have a partition resizer
> (Like Partition Magic) back up your stuff...it might not work. :)
>
> Before you start, you may just want to have some sort of rescue CD
> handy to restore grub. Knoppix works well for this, so download and
> burn a Knoppix CD first (and...make sure it works!)

Fedora Core 2 didn't have a partition-sizer, and I haven't heard of
them adding one for FC3 -- so I would bet they haven't. When I
installed FC1 and FC2, I simply used an "old" Mandrake 9.x install CD.
Their installer includes a partition-sizer. I just bailed out of the
install after resizing my Windows partition :-).

An enterprising person might even be able to get their hands on the
source for Mandrake's diskdrake (or whatever it's called), and utilize
it in RedHat's Anaconda installer. Now THAT would be handy...

--
Dave Sherman
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA