Depending on your current setup...

The first thing to know is that you will either have to resize your
partition (assuming that your windows install takes up the entire
drive.) Fedora's installer might support this, but I don't think so...
So if you don't have access to some partition resizer tool, just
expect to hose windows completely. If you do have a partition resizer
(Like Partition Magic) back up your stuff...it might not work. :)

Before you start, you may just want to have some sort of rescue CD
handy to restore grub. Knoppix works well for this, so download and
burn a Knoppix CD first (and...make sure it works!)

That said, windows usually liked to be on the first partiton (hda1 in
most cases.) Install Fedora first, create a hda1 partition, but make
sure you set it to be a windows partition. Then create your
partition(s) for Linux after the first one. Make sure you write down
your partitions for reference later. (ie: /dev/hda5 = /, /dev/hda6 =
/home, etc...)

Once Linux is installed, install windows. (if you started clean...)
After the windows install finishes, you'll notice that your computer
will only boot Windows. Don't panic, Windows just overwrote your
bootloader when it installed (nauty Windows!). This will happen every
time you install Windows, so be ready for it. This is where the
Knoppix CD comes in...

Pop in the Knoppix CD. At the prompt, knoppix 2 should kick you into
text only mode. Once booted, mount up your linux partitions.

mount -t ext3 /dev/hda5 /mnt
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda6 /mnt/home

However you partitioned your disk.

Now with your linux partitions mounted (under Knoppix), run the
following commands:

grub-install --no-floppy --root-directory=/mnt/boot/grub /dev/hda

You may get some floppy I/O errors even if you do specify --no-floppy
(I did when I did this yesterday...), but as long as you get a
"Completed with no errors" type message, you are set. You should get
your grub menu when you reboot.

If Fedora doesn't add a Windows option to the boot menu, it's easy to
add. Just edit /boot/grub/menu.lst, and look at the comments. Most
distros include an example for booting windows, but just incase, it
looks like:

 title         Windows 95/98/NT/2000
 root          (hd0,0)
 makeactive
 chainloader   +1

Save the file, reboot, and your grub menu should display Windows and Linux.

I highly recommend you check Fedora's documentation. It might tell you
how to safely resize your windows partition if that feature is
available in the downloaded version of Fedora. Some Linux distributers
include limited versions of Partition Magic or other nifty utils with
their retail CDs, but not with the download version. Or maybe Fedora
has a clever enough disk partitioner to resize partitions. I haven't
looked at Fedora since the test releases of Core 1, so I just don't
know. :)

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it