otherwise empty, but that may mess
with your rpm db in ways you may
not like. *shrug*

>>> kent at structural-wood.com 05/04/04 11:21AM >>>
I'm trying to install ximians openoffice rpm, and it's got a gratuitous
dependency on ximians cups package, which of course conflicts with
another
package.

Is there any way to simply extract the spec file, take out the gratuitous
dependency, and then reinsert the spec file in the package.

To somewhat limit alternative suggestions.

1) Ximians openoffice is *very* nice looking - much nicer than the stock
openoffice

2) I like rpm's

3) I like apt

4) I don't use cups because I've got a huge amount of infrastructure
    built around lprng

5) Ximians openoffice runs absolutely peachy with lprng and without cups

6) I can't just do a --nodeps, because that will forever after break
apt-get

7) Doing a rebuild off the source rpm is apparently not doable.  I
estimate
    that the universe reaches thermal equilibrium just about the time the
5e12'th
    error is spewed from the rebuild process.