Friday, March 12, 2004   @   7:46:34 AM Central Standard Time

k> 1. site 1 has a linux server with two NICs, one connected to the local
k> subnet, and one connected to the T1 subnet
k> 2. site 2 has a linux server with three NICs, one connected to the local
k> subnet, one to the T1 subnet, and the third connected to the T1 which has
k> Internet access.

Does your friend want to monitor (control) site 1 & run the internet
through site 2 for this reason, or are they using some heavy bandwidth
stuff (terminal services, citrix, etc.) ??

Perhaps it is too early for me, and I need coffee, but I would abort mission
on the 3rd T1 @ site 2.  Just let site 1 & site
2 have direct access to the "Cloud" (their own T1) ,
and then set-up a VPN between the site 1 & site 2 LAN's (using the
existing 2 x T1's).
With the VPN, then Site 1 can happily use the
servers/services at site 2 (or the other way).  Also, with this
set-up, you could still have site 1 access the internet through site
2, through your VPN if you would like.

But, I guess, without knowing exactly what your friend is trying to
accomplish, it's hard to offer advice..

Good Luck & Kind Regards,

Robert (aka B_o_B) David Felix De Mars
West Longitude 90' 15' 43"