From: Samuel MacDonald [mailto:smac at visi.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 1:23 AM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Distro Advice

No you don't want them to have "root" and do patches, it's not like M$
patches.  "root" is just to dangerous, I only use it if I must, and then
I'm out ASAP.  The standard user will never need to use "root" they will
kill a machine if it's used without restraint and full knowledge of what
they're doing.  I've not patched my systems to much.