Better yet, create a cron job on each machine to update and download the
.deb files, then you just have to log in and upgrade/dist-upgrade with a
minimal amount of waiting.
And if you have squid running on your firewall, it should cache your
http/ftp downloads so if you stagger the crontabs on your boxes your
traffic will be mostly network rather than Internet.  Of course, you could
also set up a local apt mirror, too.

on my computer at work, i have this in root's crontab and it works pretty
slick:
30 16 * * * apt-get clean
37 16 * * * apt-get update
39 16 * * * apt-get -yd dist-upgrade

In case you didn't already notice, I would also recommend going the debian
route.  It's a little more of a hassle to set up than Fedora, but once
it's installed, it's a great distro to deal with.  (for my own use, I like
the debian installer, better, too, but it is less newbie friendly.)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Jeffery Rasmussen wrote:

<snip>
> That means with Debian
> based apt commands you can update every computer with 2 line per computer.
>
> ssh -l root computer1 apt-get update
> ssh -l root computer1 apt-get upgrade
> ssh -l root computer2 apt-get update
> ssh -l root computer2 apt-get upgrade
>
> I'm sure you could create an easy script for this but be careful with where
> you store your password.
<snip>