I took an IBM Thinkpad 380ED with Windows 98 to Peru without any problems,
of course I was coming back with it too.  The interesting thing was that
Customs looked through all my stuff and barely even noticed that there
was a laptop computer sitting right there.  Customs in Peru looked even
less at it (maybe they thought it was a book or folder or something).

<begin on-topicness>
Just so this isn't too off-topic, I did attempt to install Linux on that
laptop once and wasn't too successful, but that was like the second time I
even touched Linux and it was a very early release of RH.
</end on-topicness>