On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:

> Linmodem. Tricky. It depends on the modem. I used the LinuxAnt.com drivers
> to get the last Lucent P.O.S. winmodem I had to deal with working. $20 to
> use all the features of your modem, but the drivers do work well. To me,
> the $20 was worth it as I didn't have to run to BestBuy durring a
> snowstorm to get a real modem.

linuxant provides drivers for winmodems using the connexant chipset. these
drivers are $20 if you want full 56k. The free version is limited at 14.4.

Lucent winmodems use the Lucent/agere chipset for which you can find
drivers here:http://www.heby.de/ltmodem. These have always been free(as
in beer).

--
Munir Nassar