Quoting "Andy Zbikowski (Zibby)" <zibby+tclug at ringworld.org>:
> | (can't get my cdburner to work, my cdrom isn't mounting audio cds,
> | trying to find the correct linmodem, and getting a battery monitor).
>
> Linmodem. Tricky. It depends on the modem. I used the LinuxAnt.com drivers
> to get the last Lucent P.O.S. winmodem I had to deal with working. $20 to
> use all the features of your modem, but the drivers do work well. To me,
> the $20 was worth it as I didn't have to run to BestBuy durring a
> snowstorm to get a real modem.

On the other hand General Nanosystems on University Ave has $14 modems that have
 Linux Drivers downloadable from the companies website.

> Cunsult the CD Writing HOWTO at http://www.tldp.org/ for more. I use
> gcombust for most of my cdburning, you may perfer something else.

K3b - http://www.k3b.org/ is my fave CD writer/copier...but then I like the
eye-candy.  Too bad it uses KDE instead of a quality widget set like Gnome.
(I'll run away now.)

Brady