On 02/16 01:43 , JohnnyFulcrum wrote:
> If work paid for the license - I'd run it - I loose a lot when I open
> /save in ooffice - fonts size and type change, inedtions, bullets numbers,
> links etc all change enough to make me use office for doc orinally created
> in office.  For new docs I use ooffice and convert to Office if someone
> other than myself needs to see/open/edit.

The biggest reason I dislike Open Office is the amount of time that you
waste fighting the auto-formatting that OO inflicts on you (MS O will do
that as well, but is a little more mature about it); plus the ever-present
crashes. (I've wasted a lot of time because OO crashed repeatedly while
trying to spellcheck documents [of only several dozen pages, with very few
misspellings]).

Much as I hate to admit it, MS Office is a lot better than it used to be.
Word Perfect is still probably better yet; but AFAIK isn't readily available
for Linux anymore. I have some 'enthusiastic' comments about Open Office;
but they usually come under the heading of "fighting words", so I won't
utter them here. :)

vi is still the best way to put information into a file. Use some sort of
XML or SGML markup if you want to make it fancy. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises