On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:29:02 -0600, Samuel MacDonald <smac at visi.com> wrote:

> Why would I run Linux to run m$ office?
>
> It would be easier to just run XP and m$ office.

Not in my book.  I HAVE to use xp and MS office at work and OUTLOOK.  my
cube neighbors often comment that I mutter "WTF is xp doing now...."
several times a day...  Fricking hour glass.... I use rdesktop from my
linux box (so I can continue to work while XP figures stuff out) and open
office when I can - xp file brower is soo "gad damn" slow I drives me
Knuts!  I spend more time waiting for outlook to display and send email
than I do actually reading and writing email!

If work paid for the license - I'd run it - I loose a lot when I open
/save in ooffice - fonts size and type change, inedtions, bullets numbers,
links etc all change enough to make me use office for doc orinally created
in office.  For new docs I use ooffice and convert to Office if someone
other than myself needs to see/open/edit.