On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 04:30:29PM -0600, Ben Neigebauer wrote:
> I have my cable split about 6 ways and get frequent drop-outs.
>
> Will one of those bi directional broadband amplifiers work?
The way I did it (and hopefully the cable company guy will also respond)
is by splitting it when it first comes into the house with a good, two
way splitter.  The one split goes straight to the cable modem.  The
second, goes to an amplifier, and then to a n-way splitter for the
tvs.  So, we have a regular amplifier on the line, but it only amplifies
the signal for the TVs.

hth,
dan