> Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:10:21 -0600
> From: Todd Young <auditodd at comcast.net>

> Doesn't work for everyone.
> I got the same email and have NOT seen any improvement.
>
> Tim Wilson wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > I got an email from Comcast today letting me know that they had increased my
> > bandwidth. I just had to unplug my cable modem for a minute and plug it back
> > in. Boy, they sure did something. I'm getting a steady 394kB/s on an
> > "apt-get upgrade" right now. Wow!!

I did a quick test. First I downloaded a 40MB package from a known huge
pipe. I got about 200KB/s. I unplugged my modem, waited, plugged it back
it and got about 380KB/s.

Granted, there aren't too many sites that can actually send data that
fast, and you sure can't tell the difference web surfing, but man the big
downloads are hella sweet.

Anyone tried upstream rates?

Chris