Awesome.  Well I also am thinking I'll keep W2K on the one machine and
just get another dual head card for the linux box.  There's a few dual
head Matrox cards that aren't being used to their fullest ;)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Dave Dash wrote:

> Is anybody here running dual head NVidia under Linux?

yep, been doing so at the office for about a month now, no problems.

in some ways it works better in that you have OpenGL application on
both
monitors indiviually or both at once.

in other ways it is rather annoying, you have to use the stupid binary

drivers, one of the... shall we say: performance testing applications;

would not render right in full screen mode, rather than center in the
middle of the two monitors it would center at the right or the
rightmost
monitor, i am still unsure where the left half went off to.

Others, like those freaky people who think they can write better mode
lines than those supplied by the monitor will have problems.

iirc it also has problems with different resolution screens, but i am
not
certain as i have not played too much with this.

--
Munir Nassar
RedConcepts.NET