> (Crazy A$$ Idea)

Not really :-)

> why not present Linux to them at lunch?

Excellent.

> It doesn't take long to "image" a M$ machine, why not create a "image"
> of several Linux distributions.

Why not Live CDs?  Then you can send them home with linux CDs tht won't
fsck up their own boxes.

> Get some laptops, desktops, and even a server or 2
> temporally donated from a vendor or 2, setup a traveling display at an
area mall. "Lunch & Linux",

Neat idea.  A few laptops and a hub should travel easily enough.  For real
wow factor you could also go wireless.

> I have a very good connection at City Center, my Wife is the retail
property manager.

d00d... sounds like you've got a good thing ready to go.

This isn't too far off from what I have at work.  I have 3 Windows laptops
set up to test and demonstrate things.  It all uses wireless, and I've got
3 different versions of Windows to test with.  It adds wow factor.  If you
go wireless, you can easily stuff 3 laptops into a larger case.  I had to
take out the padding and extra crap, but my little demo network can travel
with me.

I wish you luck!