(Crazy A$$ Idea)

While watching Gentoo compile my brain was in an idle state watching GCC
do it's thing.

I was then thinking of a way to introduce Linux to office workers.
Office workers need
to use eMail, Calendar, WordProcessing, SpreadSheets, and access data
from databases.
Yes, I know some use applications that are "special" like Autocad among
many.  I thought
why not present Linux to them at lunch?

It doesn't take long to "image" a M$ machine, why not create a "image"
of several Linux
distributions.  Get some laptops, desktops, and even a server or 2
temporally donated from
a vendor or 2, setup a traveling display at an area mall. "Lunch &
Linux",  I have a very good
connection at City Center, my Wife is the retail property manager.  We
could do some
weekend gigs at the other malls in the area.

We would be able to show off Distro's, Open Office, Groopware, and other
software that
the average office worker would use on a daily basis.

It might peak some interest.

Sam.