On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Ken Fuchs wrote:
> From the above, is it fair to conclude that Dell laptops have poor
> MTBFs, or do the Dell laptops last a few years before they break?
>
> Despite the great Dell service, I think we'd all prefer a laptop that
> didn't fail due to faulty design, components or assembly!
>
> Sorry, "No failures rules!"

I'm fairly hard on my laptops; I actually *use* it all day every day, and
take it with me wherever I go, and it doesn't seem that the mfr's
anticipate this. If Toughbooks were a bit more powerful, that'd be a good
fit for me.  :)

(In other words, I've never had a laptop that lasted more than a year
without a problem that needed a repair of some sort; Dell's actually
probably been the most reliable that I've had.)