I agree with Dan and Nick, I haven't been around as long as you guys but I feel
the list serves the community at large. Because the list serves "at large";
every level of Linux user is welcome. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what
the list is about, helping without regard to experience.

If the list were for Expert/Professional System Administrator level with 20 or
more years UNIX in their back pocket; then I could understand the sense of
angst one might feel about simple questions. This is not the case so all
questions are welcome.

Any question a person asks should be welcome without ridicule. The point I
intend to make is that “people” are asking the question “people” should be
treated with respect no matter how one feels about it personally.

To respond in a jaded abusive way is not the way to get the results one may be
looking for. Talk to the moderator if you feel something shouldn’t be on the
list.

Sam.