Blending two messages here, I would concur!  I've been on the list now a
year and a half (maybe two years).  While there IS some merit to his
cynical post, it is important for all people to feel free to post any
questions without fear of "appearing naive."

I teach college level computer networking meaning that I see "noobs" all
of the time.  What is painfully obvious to me (and, indeed, to most all
experienced network admins), is cryptic and obscure to many first timers
-- thus the need for this list.

With that note, thanks to all who have helped me in the past on
troublesome configurations!

Garrett

> Dan,
>   I was at the first TCLUG meeting ever, at the mall of america years
> back,
> and I remember fondly writing down our names and email on a napkin for
attendance record or whatever. I haven't been to an actual meeting in
years, but I have quiety monitored the list and I must agree with you, I
think this list (and TCLUG itself) is a great thing and agree with you
that he speaks only for himself. Anyway, my two cents.

> Nick Thompson
>

> ----------------------------
> nick thompson.
>
> all unix all the time.
> ----------------------------
>

> I agree with Dan and Nick, I haven't been around as long as you guys but
I feel
> the list serves the community at large. Because the list serves "at
large";
> every level of Linux user is welcome. Correct me if I'm wrong but this
is what
> the list is about, helping without regard to experience.

> If the list were for Expert/Professional System Administrator level with
20 or
> more years UNIX in their back pocket; then I could understand the sense
of
> angst one might feel about simple questions. This is not the case so all
questions are welcome.