Cool, thanks for the thought on that Adam.  I've got a couple of
people offline who are willing to help.  I don't have a need to
warrant the cost of purchasing a card, yet.

I'll definately keep this in mind though in case I decide to do it in
the future.  I'm in a time crunch right now unfortunately.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:05:04 -0500, Adam Shrode <dtgm at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hey Shawn, I don't have a Tivo, but you should be able to grab a TV card
> ($40-100) and input your VCR to the card and record from there.  Check
> for compatibility of course, I think mine is a Hauppauge,
> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_401.html.  You'll also be
> interested in the bttv driver then,
> http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/bttv.html.
>
> You need xawtv or nvrec as your software.  Keep in mind that
> uncompressed avi at 320x200 @ 30 fps with 16k sound will run you about a
> gig per 4 minutes so you'll want that compressed, say ... mpeg4? divx?
>
> - as -

-Shawn

"That which hits the fan, will not be evenly distributed."