If they really have not worked with computers at all then you are in for
a real treat.

I have tried to explain things to several such people and it can be very
challenging. They may be intimidated by this learning experience.

My suggestion is to start on a white board with terminology and go
slowly. I would not have them touch the keyboard until they are
comfortable with you and each other.

I hope that you have at least 5 hours with these guys.

Keith Bachman wrote:
> I was asked by an administration official at my college (actually my
> boss’s boss) if I could help train in a trio of older students who have
> never used the Internet or a computer before.  We have access to a set
> of Windows XP PCs, but they are locked down (I could see about getting
> some things added/removed, like Mozilla or something, they have IE and
> Office 2003)
>

> What would you guys suggest starting these guys out on, and any tips or
> suggestions, as well as any websites that you’ve found (or made) in
> assisting with this (‘Beginners Guide to Using Computers’ etc)
>

> They are also going into the INT (Information Networking Technology)
> Program (which I’m in as well) so anything pointing down that direction
> would also be useful.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Keith Bachman

Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff