> Next time I suggest not forcing the keyed molex connector.  Violence
> and technology do not make good bedfellows.

Unless you reverse the other end as well.  There's a small chance that
plugging the molex connector in backwards will void your warranty.

So, you thought that since it's a 10krpm drive, you could drive the
motor at 5V instead of 12 and have 4300rpm, but then run the circuit
board at 12V so the bits would travel faster through the circuitry,
doubling the throughput? :)