On Tuesday 06 April 2004 06:33 pm, Lawrence Clemens wrote:
> Any relatively cheap options for data recover in the Cities?

Cheap? That really doesn't exist in the recovery market.  However
ontrack is local.

http://www.ontrack.com/

At the last company I was at I had to send a managers drive in.  His
laptop hit the floor from about 4' while running.  And nope, he
hadn't backed up his data for about 3 months.

<Insert usual admin rant about lazy users here>

$1500 later we had about 1/2 his data.  The cost was high because it
took over a week as they attempted some very intensive recovery.
Your platters aren't damaged so I doubt it would cost anywhere near
that.

Or you could look for a used one on E-bay etc... with the same model
number and (carefully) replace the circuit board.

Another option is to try replacing the soldered in fuses. (good luck
finding them, but they're there) There is a _remote_ possibility the
logic components are still okay.  Unless of course you let the smoke
out of them. :-)

Next time I suggest not forcing the keyed molex connector.  Violence
and technology do not make good bedfellows.

--
Christopher A. Gahlon

/(bb|[^b]{2})/, that is the question.