The class is informative and interesting.
It is explaining a set of tools that Novell has used for some time to do
system administration.  It's a web based tool-set like webmin, but with
a cross platform approch.
They are also going over Ximian's Red Carpet, this is a web based
software distribution tool for Linux using RPM's.  It's sort of like
Debian's apt-get but it's a client and server application that runs as a
daemon.  Several companies have it in place already.

The problem I see in all these browser based tools.  The fact that the
administration can be done in India or Brazil at 1/3 the cost of US
workers.  The tools make it so easy to administer servers that an
untrained person can do the work.  Ximian has a contract with IBM Global
Services, that means the jobs will go off shore to save companies money.
That's what IBM Global Services is all about.
("save companies money" = larger wallets for executives and fewer I/T
jobs in the US = IBM Global Services)

All these companies need to do social impact studies before they decide
to write software.  The first thing they do is enable off shoring of
9/10 of the work. People are spending $5000 - $10,000 for an education,
borrowing the money, but by the time they get certified the jobs will be
off shore.

I just can't fathom why anyone would want to stay in I/T.  Driving a
school bus is sounding better all the time.

Sam.