On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:23:07 -0500
Sam MacDonald <smac at visi.com> wrote:

> I looked at the Chaintech website, they don't have Linux drivers for
> the ti4200. Is this a dual boot machine? If so you may be able to flip
> a hardware switch using the windows driver.
>
> Have you tried the Nvidia website, they have some Linux drivers but I
> don't know how specific the driver gets when it comes to disabling a
> port.
>
> Chaintech has a support form you could use. I've had some luck with
> several manufactures in getting beta drivers for various adapters by
> just asking for them.

What's happening is as soon as the kernel starts to load, I lose all video from the standard video out.  Linux will load, but I lose all output to the monitor.  I can ssh into the box from another system.  It is a dual boot system, and windows it works fine.  During the install process, I get full video up until it's rebooted after installation is complete.

This happens with RH 9 and Slack 9.  Didn't try Mandrake, SuSe or Debian.

I'm thinking I might need to SSH in from another box, and try installing the nVidia drivers and recompiling.  Don't know what the outcome will be.  But I'm not sure about Chaintech offering any kind of Linux support, from what I saw didn't look very promising.  The drivers they offer are from nVidia.

Anyone else run into these issues?  I did some googling, and I saw some stuff mentioned about older dvi output in RH 7.3.  But the problems mentioned was they were trying to get it to work on the DVI, the standard video out was fine.

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"