On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 17:41, Shawn wrote:
> Anyone else run into these issues?  I did some googling, and I saw
> some stuff mentioned about older dvi output in RH 7.3.  But the
> problems mentioned was they were trying to get it to work on the DVI,
> the standard video out was fine.

Hmm.  I don't know why Linux would mess up the video like that on boot.
Usually, the video mode stays the same until you start up X, unless the
kernel has a vga=xxx option set in the bootloader to change to a
different text mode or to enable framebuffer console on a system that
has it built into the kernel.

Alternatively, there's a moderate chance that enabling the framebuffer
would help in this situation.

Also, GeForce cards will auto-detect the presence of an S-Video output,
from what I recall, so you might want to try plugging in a TV to see if
anything is coming out that port when the system is booting.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   MS Windows -- From the
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   people who brought you