On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:21:41 -0500, Harry Penner <hpenner at cbca.com> wrote:

> Well...  it won't solve the problem of not really knowing how the
> hostname is set but changing the DNS entry -- forward and reverse -- to
> the desired hostname seems like it might work if you uncomment the
> 'NEEDHOSTNAME=yes' line again.
>
> Might want to check /etc/hosts too, if you haven't already.
>
> Sorry, not really a mandrake guy.  :-/

No problem ...  I'm having fun not working :)

I just installed webmin..  it seemd to change it a bit more:
[meierjo at userimage meierjo]$ host 10.1.103.74
74.103.1.10.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer msppc1210.retek.int.
74.103.1.10.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer userimage.retek.int.
74.103.1.10.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer tools_linux2.retek.int.
[meierjo at userimage meierjo]$

at least it's in DNS now...  machine still thinks it's userimage....
getting closer.