--
Ben Lutgens
US Admins, Inc
System Administrator / Server Gumby / General Purpose Lackey
On 2003-09-24 08:20:36 -0500 Rick Meyerhoff <rick at eworld3.net> wrote:

> Ok, stop laughing. The company I'm consulting at has a client that
> insists on
> putting virus protection on all their boxes.

So tell them its on there. Its not like they would know. Hell you
could write a quick daemon in perl called "antivirusd" that runs and
does alot of nothing and they would be none the wiser.

On the other hand, I run virus scanners on linux boxes. On mail
servers I use "sophie" cause it plugs into exim really well, and I use
sophos (http://www.sophos.com) on my samba servers, for scanning smb
shares. The samba servers also act as a central quarantine and
reporting area. When the intercheck clients on the workstations
encounter a virus, they move them to a write only portion of the samba
server, then i get an email from said server alerting me to the virus.