I've given kudos to McAfee on the list before, I think.

We run their FreeBSD version on multiple machines, scanning e-mail, and
love it.

The licensing in our scenario was extremely cheap, with support/updates.

As for trust - I trust them because they are a big name in A/V software
(with a few others that I trust).  I trust that I will get timely DAT
updates because there are people that take a paycheck to actually do so.

I trust them enough to run a pre-compiled binary as root, and on my
network that's a lot of trust.  Akin to giving your parents a spare set of
keys to your house, despite the fact that mom likes to "drop in"
unannounced, and there's always a chance that you're shaggin' up with the
wifey, with Mark Knofler's "What It Is" blaring in the background (why
yes, it is a short song), and she comes in and is like, "hello?  is anyone
home?  What's that squeaking sound?  And how did you book Mark Knofler?"
Then you go downstairs, with half your shirt buttons undone, and the other
half off-by-two, and have to get rid of her.

Yeah, it's kind of like that...I imagine...