On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 04:57:59PM -0500, Austad, Jay wrote:
> Apparently Comcast is sending letters to users saying that they use too much
> bandwidth, but they won't tell them what the limit is.  I have Comcast and I
> haven't gotten a letter yet.

You read this on slashdot, comcast does different things in different markets,
this is a west coast issue, iirc, and will most likely have zero effect on the
local market.

>				  I have had major problems with it though, the
> only way I could get them to fix their network is pin it down for them and
> post to NANOG to get someone to look at it.  Their tech support is a bunch
> of morons that just tell you to reboot your machine.

You did not speak with technical support, you spoke with the outsourced
cable modem rebooting service in quebec.

> I had way less problems with DSL.  I've heard only good things about TWT

It can go either way, depending on your line/cable quality. Much like choosing
a cellular provider.

[trim your posts]