> To sum up, if you run a $19 tab, and slap down a $20, you are not
> thinking clearly - as in, thinking we are your parents or other
> benefactors.. None of us are even remotely inclined to support you
> financially, so keep that in mind.

I've never been to one of these meetings, but this statement provoked
response from me.

I've always wondered why, if I have a $19 tab, (per the check) $20 is not
enough?

Does the server staff work for me? No. I am the customer. I went to the
establishment to relax, or whatever. Why is it basically mandatory I help
pay the staff's salary? I'm already patronizing the establishment,
purchasing goods they are selling to me at a profit. If the staff is that
underpaid, why am I obligated to compensate? All the different jobs I've
had, from the lowest, peanut paying positions to the best, no passers by,
bosses, or anyone else has tossed 15% of my wage on the table as they
passed thru.

I guess I just don't get whats up with that whole thing. If you're
underpaid and want a raise, you talk to your BOSS, you don't call the
customers 'cheapo's'. In NO other business would this be acceptable, ever.

-mj

> So, that all said. What do you think the chances are that we can all act
>  like the responsible adults, being to which we purport, and find a way
> to  NOT burn our friends for their hard-earned cash this next time
> around? We  remain cautiously optimistic.
>
> That's all.
>
> Legendre, Lamer, Jima, Phemale, AdaByron, Ein, and anyone else who feels
> a  little cheated

Jentges.NET, Inc.
Voice: 763.783.3702
Cell:    763.370.1201