Michael Jentges wrote:
> I guess I just don't get whats up with that whole thing. If you're
> underpaid and want a raise, you talk to your BOSS, you don't call the
> customers 'cheapo's'. In NO other business would this be acceptable, ever.

I agree - this summer I was travelling in Ukraine.  There (and I assume
in most of eastern Europe), tips *are* truly optional, and are intended
to be a reflection on the quality of service.  I really enjoyed this,
because when I gave a good tip to a server that did a good job, he/she
truly appreciated it.  I hate the fact that all servers here in the
states take 15% tips for granted, even though they gave 1% service.

-Erik