On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 23:04 US/Central, Sam MacDonald wrote:

> Sunday night I was up late working on my sniper skills in DoD.  It was
> about midnight when I went up to bed, as usual I looked out the front
> window, 3 dear nibbling around my rose bushes, a doe and 2 yearling!
> I'm a little touchy about my roses, my wife loves em so I keeps em.  I
> opened the front door (understand I have a street light at the end of
> my drive way) and they stayed!?  So I sat on the stoop and talked to
> them for a few minutes trying to get them to leave. They wouldn't go
> so I sat some more until they wandered off.  I'm talking about no more
> then 30 feet. My driveway is 50 feet long and the roses are about 20
> feet from the street.

Strangely enough I thoroughly enjoyed this post and it gave me a
diversion from my work for a few minutes. I did some googling and found
a very interesting article.

http://doityourself.com/pest/gardeningindeercountry.htm

Hope this helps!

> I guess I would call that a "near life experience".

GET PICTURES! A chance to catch some wildlife with a camera is truly a
rare thing. Especially an animal as nice to look at as a Deer.

> I also keep a vegetable garden in the back yard and have had dear eat
> all my peppers, I now have a 6 foot fence around my garden.
>
> Sam.

Ben Lutgens       http://us-admins.com/~blutgens/
US Admins, Inc
System Administrator / Server Gumby