> > That's a joke, right?  /usr on my Debian box is taking up 2.5 GB, and I have
> > about 1400 packages installed.  There are over 13100 available packages.
>
> uh, no.  It all depends on what distro and how much crap you want
> installed.  I know slackware 9.0 said if you installed everything it was
> close to 2GB.  RH generally requires more disk space if you do a full
> install because there are more packages in RH then Slack.  Debian seems

My 2 year old heavily laden RedHat 9 system used for software
development (lots of source code about) GNOME 2.2 and craploads of
custom packages barely breaks 2gb depending on what I'm trying to
compile. ;P Although its a pretty stripped down gnome/redhat. Nautilus?
Don't need it! GUI admin tools? Gone! Hacking /etc/sysconfig/ yourself
ain't that hard...