Shawn wrote:
<snip>

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but if the directory is owned by one of you, and has the group ownership of "users", then it shouldn't matter if it's only the two of you I would think.  Both of you are in the users group, and thus should be able to write within that directory.
>
> Unless you have a cron job, other processes, or other users on the system with different groups.  But, from my initial read on this you can get by just setting it to 775 on the directory after you've given it the correct ownerships for user and group:
>
> #chown username:groupname /directory
> #chmod 775 /directory
>
> Correct me if I'm off on it...  Been a long day, and trying to catch up on e-mail doesn't help....

This only works if your *primary* group is "users".  Many distros set up
your primary group as your username to keep your home folder readable
only by you.  In this case the group bit would have to be set on the
shared folder.  Otherwise anything you write to that folder will have
ownership of <username>:<username>.

--
The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net>
http://druswanderings.net <--- Things 'n' Such

Get nifty TCLUG merchandise at the TCLUG Store!
http://www.cafeshops.com/tclug