On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:53:44 -0500
The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net> wrote:

> This only works if your *primary* group is "users".  Many distros set
> up your primary group as your username to keep your home folder
> readable only by you.  In this case the group bit would have to be set
> on the shared folder.  Otherwise anything you write to that folder
> will have ownership of <username>:<username>.

Ahh, I forgot about that...  Stupid idiocies of those "distros"....

Let's see....

-Setup of funky groups on users (username:username)
-Doesn't take full path of user switching to, even though using the "su -" command
-I seem to be forgetting something else.... Bloat maybe?

Wow, those two alone are more than enough reasons for me to keep using Slackware.  =)

Oh yeah, I used the Debian load that I did at the installfest earlier this summer for some time.  Was good experience, but reloaded it and went back to Slack!  =)

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"