On Monday 08 September 2003 10:47 am, Adam Maloney wrote:
> Setup a rule to bit-bucket anything with that address in the headers, OR
> anything with the common subject line or message text?  You could possibly
> scan your old mail for messages that originated from a local comcast.net
> IP, and figure out who it is.
	Sure, that's the way to solve the problem at my end. But if I'm getting this
junk, then I'm sure others are as well. It seems to me that the right thing
to do would be to find out who is sending it out, so they can get their
computer de-wormed.

> This is probably someone that has you in their address book, so you might
> not want to block all of their mail, it's probably someone that you know.
	Exactly. Procmail et al are fine for blocking spam, but I don't think it's a
good idea to use it in all cases, especially when it's a worm sending out
large attachments. Sure, I can ignore the problem by filtering it out, but
that doesn't really solve the problem, does it?

> I would bet that larts sent to comcast.net about infected machines are
> "filed deep inside the earth's crust", so complaining to abuse@ probably
> won't do much for you.
	Curses. My address book lists one person who uses Comcast, so I'll start with
them. But I was hoping that Comcast would be more responsive.
	:Peter