Setup a rule to bit-bucket anything with that address in the headers, OR
anything with the common subject line or message text?  You could possibly
scan your old mail for messages that originated from a local comcast.net
IP, and figure out who it is.

This is probably someone that has you in their address book, so you might
not want to block all of their mail, it's probably someone that you know.

I would bet that larts sent to comcast.net about infected machines are
"filed deep inside the earth's crust", so complaining to abuse@ probably
won't do much for you.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Peter Clark wrote:

> 	I've been getting a "security announcement" from "Microsoft" saying that I
> should install a patch yada yada yada. Fortunately, my email host strips out
> the attachment, but it's starting to get annoying. Looking at the headers, it
> looks as though it's coming from c-67-167-47-217.client.comcast.net
> [67.167.47.217], so I'm guessing that someone's got a wormed computer on a
> cable modem. Suggestions?
> 	:Peter

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator