OK now were talking IRQ's.
IRQ 9 on an ISA board is the cascade to IRQ 10 - #
I know this is an all PCI board but I found it on the web for $42.49,
"cheapo" (you said it not me) mother boards sometimes have legacy
firmware that is, well cheap. Thats whey they are cheapo motherboards.
        off subject: any motherboard under $100 is a cheapo unless it's old.
Can you move all these  to IRQ 5 or 11?
If you don't use the IrDa turn it off, I've seen infrared mess up video,
serial, and network (to name a few).

I did find a chipset driver but I'm afraid it's a windows driver. On the
same page I found a BIOS update

http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/download/dwn2.asp?model=AK32E#

This is the date and checksum to look for.

Date code: 02/07/2003   checksum:7000

1. Fixed FSB133 can't boot issue.

2. Fixed USB device no function after S1 under Win98

I know your running Linux but a USB fix is a USB fix so to speak.

Sam.