On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 08:07:15AM -0500, Sam MacDonald wrote:
[snip]
> Woody is what I'm using.
[snip]
> ... So I use older distributions because it runs faster on old
> the hardware.

Well, I wouldn't call Debian/woody "old".  It's "stable", and
fully supported.  And it installs just fine on older hardware,
e.g.  the 386 laptop I installed it on a month ago, and the
486sx I use for a firewall.

OK, it *would* be nice to use a packaged version of exim4, but
I guess I can wait for sarge.

> Any "advice" is very welcome, save your energy if your going
> to flame, I put flames in the bit bucket.

[searches through fortunes]

Aha!

  A walk down the path of history is crunchy with the crispy corpses
  of those who pooh-poohed or ignored the clown car of ridicule when
  it pulled up to the curb.                         -- Stephen Jones

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota