On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:42:13 -0500
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy at veldy.net> wrote:

> Try booting and installing a kernel other than the default (I
> installed the XFS version) with Slackware 9.0.  It still installs the
> modules for the default kernel, so nothing works upon reboot (I had no
> networking ability or anything).  I was forced to recompile the kernel
> from source to get it to work properly (only way I could get the
> proper modules).  I think Slackware breaks handily when you take it
> off the well trodden path.

Aside from my current issues with my dual head video card (still haven't had a chance to work on it), I've never had a problem with any of the non-default kernels on Slack in the course of my using it from versions 7.0 to 9.0.

Not saying it's perfect, it just fits and suits my needs quite well with little or no problems for me.  Except for those I create myself.

I'm looking forward to 9.1  =)

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"