----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Layer" <william.layer at comcast.net>
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Slackware 9.1

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:30:20 -0500 (CDT)
> Adam Maloney <adamm at sihope.com> wrote:
>
> > That's because Slackware owns your 'fro :)
> >
> > I actually found installing Smackware much easier than a redhat install.
>
> Slackware has an element of sanity and predictability that I find lacking
in pretty much every other distro. Slack just simply works, and gets better
with every release.

Try booting and installing a kernel other than the default (I installed the
XFS version) with Slackware 9.0.  It still installs the modules for the
default kernel, so nothing works upon reboot (I had no networking ability or
anything).  I was forced to recompile the kernel from source to get it to
work properly (only way I could get the proper modules).  I think Slackware
breaks handily when you take it off the well trodden path.

Tom Veldhouse