On Thursday 20 November 2003 03:49 pm, Rick Meyerhoff wrote:

> --- 192.168.1.3 ping statistics ---
> 3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2013ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.681/0.724/0.795/0.054 ms
>
> Not surprizing since I can use the web interface to IPCop from Mandrake
> (IPCop has no keyboard, monitor or mouse).

ummm, yeah. "Duh!" to me.

> I found it in the Control Center but the setting does not want to
> change. I'd rather edit files and use the command line, I think.

Then you, my friend, need to change distros.  Mdk has so much cruft between
the gui interface and config files that sometimes it's hard to tell just what
the hell it's doing.  I did some digging on my 9.2 system and came up with
the following file.  Hopefully this isn't something they changed since
9.1(which I believe you are currently running).

/etc/netprofile/profiles/default/files/etc/sysconfig/network

--
Andy Moore