On Thursday 20 November 2003 03:49 pm, Rick Meyerhoff wrote:

> I found it in the Control Center but the setting does not want to
> change. I'd rather edit files and use the command line, I think.
Ok, I did a little more digging into what the gui network config was doing
when it changed stuff.

/etc/netprofile/profiles/default/files/etc/sysconfig

This is where you can assign your hostname and gateway.  Note that this file
only exists if you are using a static IP.

This file holds the config for the network card, ie. how IP is assigned, the
IP address, netmask etc.
--
Andy Moore