The Wandering Dru wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 04:30 pm, Rick Meyerhoff wrote:
>

>>I've tried to put the IP of IPCop in /etc/resolv.conf as a nameserver
>>entry but that does not get recognized.
>

> On the IPCop box, you should have the modem set up as the RED "interface" and
> the network as the GREEN.  I assume this is all correct and that you set up

Yup, I set that when I installed IPCop.

> the IPCop box to use your ISP's DNS servers.  When you log in to the IPCop

Yup, on the "dialup" page, DNS section, I have the primary and secondary
DNS IPs set.

> box through the web interface, you need to turn on the caching DNS server.  I

I could not find a "caching DNS server". There is a "dynamic DNS" tab in
the services section that allows you to add hosts, hmm, the "enabled"
box is checked but I don't think I did that, should I "uncheck" it?

> think it's under the "Services" menu.  You can see if it's running or not on
> the "Information" page.
>
> If this doesn't work, I would start troubleshooting the actual networking.
> Make sure you can ping the box and IP addresses on the outside as well.  Make

Sorry, I know what ping is but I'm not sure what to do.

> sure the Mandrake box is pointing to the IPCop box as its gateway, otherwise

I don't know how to do this.

--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff