On Monday 17 November 2003 09:28 am, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:

> I have a Samsung ML-1210 linux driver to use instead of the built-in
> foomatic one.  I've been unwilling to do it --- after all, it KINDA
> works now, if I'm willing to restart more often than I should.  I'm
> not at all convinced I'll be able to get it back to the original state
> if I install the Samsung drivers!  And they seem to be compiled
> against glibc 2.1, whereas I'm on 2.3....  </sigh>

Stay with the CUPS driver. I've got a ML-1710 and it works with the CUPS
samsunggdi driver without a problem. SuSE reports the printer as an ML-1210.
Note: This is a USB printer. When I attempted to load the ppd supplied by
Samsung it didn't do any thing. FWIW: CUPS version - 1.1.18

I realize this doesn't answer the question, but I just had a thought. Check
your port configuration. Make sure that everything is viewing the port
correctly. I suspect if the BIOS show the port as EPP and the software is
expecting simple bi-directional or vice-versa its going to screw up. If the
1210 is like the 1710, on Windows you load some sort of control program that
probably handles the port configuration issues.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com