    Jack> On Monday 17 November 2003 09:28 am, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
    >> I have a Samsung ML-1210 linux driver to use instead of the built-in
    >> foomatic one.  I've been unwilling to do it --- after all, it KINDA
    >> works now, if I'm willing to restart more often than I should.  I'm
    >> not at all convinced I'll be able to get it back to the original state
    >> if I install the Samsung drivers!  And they seem to be compiled
    >> against glibc 2.1, whereas I'm on 2.3....  </sigh>
    >>

    Jack> Stay with the CUPS driver. I've got a ML-1710 and it works
    Jack> with the CUPS samsunggdi driver without a problem. SuSE
    Jack> reports the printer as an ML-1210.  Note: This is a USB
    Jack> printer. When I attempted to load the ppd supplied by
    Jack> Samsung it didn't do any thing. FWIW: CUPS version - 1.1.18

Thank you very much, Jack.  Interestingly, AFAICT, my system is just
using the ordinary foomatic driver....  AFAICT, there's no samsunggdi
driver on my system.  But there is something in the changelog of a
more recent version of the samsung-drivers rpm that indicates it might
work better with gdi (samsunggdi seems to be SuSE's name for the same
thing???).  I'll try upgrading and see if that works better.....