We switched to OTRS a few months ago.  It's great.  At least for us, it
does everything we need.  It's well-written and very extensible.
Everything is perl so it's simple to modify (code is very clean and
well-organized).  Uses MySQL as a back-end.  Perl+DBI+MySQL means it's
very easy to write supporting scripts for it (if, god forbid, there was
something OTRS couldn't do alone!)

We are really not using it to it's full potential yet.  We simply use it
for support e-mails to get directed to the right people, escalate after
some time if necessary, etc.  It has lots of other features that we
haven't even looked at yet (call tracking will probably be the next
biggy.)

Installation was pretty painless, and I don't think we've had any real
problems with it since it went into place.  IIRC, we just had to do the
CPAN dance for some modules, but other than perl modules there really
weren't any dependencies.

We are very satisifed :)

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator