I've worked with "Action Request System" from Remedy (
http://www.remedy.com ) in the past, it can be customized for needs from
help desk to change management and general customer service, it all
depends on your needs.   We had the data on Sybase on Sun box's, I know
it could be on Oracle or almost any other db back end.  I didn't support
the product but I used it, it's a good solid product.

Sam.