I am using Courier IMAP and maildir format, so I created the following
script which is kicked off periodically via cron.

#!/bin/bash
# ${HOME}/.spamassassin/sa-learn.sh

MAIL_DIR=${HOME}/.maildir/
GOOD_DIR=${MAIL_DIR}/.Spam.Process.Good
SPAM_DIR=${MAIL_DIR}/.Spam.Process.Bad

SA_LEARN=/usr/bin/sa-learn

if [ ! -x ${SA_LEARN} ]; then
  exit 0
fi

if [ -d ${SPAM_DIR} ]; then
  cd ${SPAM_DIR}/cur
  FILES=`ls`
  for f in ${FILES}; do
    cat ${f} | ${SA_LEARN} --spam &> /dev/null
    rm -f ${f}
  done
fi

if [ -d ${GOOD_DIR} ]; then
  cd ${GOOD_DIR}/cur
  FILES=`ls`
  for f in ${FILES}; do
    cat ${f} | ${SA_LEARN} --ham &> /dev/null
    rm -f ${f}
  done
fi

Tom Veldhouse